Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Bread!

----- UPDATE: 1/2/2012 -----
Also! I forgot, you have to preheat the dutch oven in the oven too! If not, the bottom of the bread will stick to the bottom with no hope. So! The summary:

(1) Prep 12-18 hours before cooking: 3 cups bread flour, 1.25 teaspoons of salt, 0.25 teaspoons of yeast, 1.33 cups of cool water (mix with a wooden spoon in a glass bowl - no metal!)

(2) Bake: Preheat the dutch oven with the oven at 375 (approx. 30 minutes). Plop the dough into the preheated pot and bake with the lid for 30 minutes. Then no lid for 15-30 minutes.

Yay!! :)

----- UPDATE: 3/15/2011 -----
This is the message from my cousin! :D "The recipe is from My Bread by Jim Lahey. 3 cups bread flour, 1.25 teaspoon salt, 0.25 teaspoon yeast, 1.33 cup of cool water. Bread needs to rise for 12-18 hours. Bake 375 F in cast iron pot lid on for 30 mins and with lid off for 15-30 mins. Good luck."

I seriously did exactly that!! :) I found this sweet blog in the meantime when looking for picture examples:
http://steamykitchen.com/168-no-knead-bread-revisited.html

I didn't do that extra step where you let it "nap" for 2 hours. :) Completely skipped right over it. :) So easy!! Woooo!! I ate it with butter right away mmmm.

----- Original Post -----
Thanks to my awesome cousin, I made bread!! :D AND it was delicious!! :D


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

At 11:36 AM, Blogger The Dutchess said...

Ummmm!!! I think you should post the recipe here!!

Also, did you know that you can sync your BlogPress account with your Flickr account, so that any pictures you take will be automatically added to your flickr account? I can show you how :)

 
At 11:37 AM, Blogger The Dutchess said...

*any pictures you add via BlogPress

 
At 11:09 PM, Blogger e M i said...

Coool thanks!! :D Oooh lemme add the recipe onto the post too! :D

 

Post a Comment

<< Home